The Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan of Sofia Municipality will develop a comprehensive strategy including integrated and innovative measures for the improvement of mobility in response to EU policies and the needs of the population in the capital. As a result of the work done by the Consultant team elaborating the Plan, in order to achieve a sustainable urban transport system, the following five general strategic objectives addressing the challenges related to mobility in Sofia have been outlined in accordance with the European policies in the field:
• reducing the negative impact of transport on human health and the environment;
• introducing transport innovations and enhancing local mobility and economy;
• improving the safety and security of all participants;
• an integrated and accessible for all transport system;
• increasing the attractiveness of the urban environment and ensuring a better quality of life.